Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
MyAbilities, an industry leader in human asset management is disrupting the employer and disability management industries with its ground-breaking new software platform. Through its proprietary SaaS technology solutions, MyAbilities is transforming how employers quantify and communicate the demands of their jobs, hire and train the right employees, keep their workers safe and effectively manage their injuries. Insurance companies, Third Party Administrators and treating clinicians gain critical, real-time information to inform their claims management processes, transforming their ability to effectively and efficiently manage employee disability – resulting in best-in-class outcomes for workers’ compensation, short and long-term disability and auto claims.
- Aligning the strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of information management and technology systems to the business strategy.
- Ensuring the reliable day-to-day operation of the technology infrastructure and systems and maintain a high percentage of up-time to meet the needs of the business, in partnership with other departments.
- Providing leadership to the IT team, establishing a collaborative culture and work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates high calibre, skilled technology professionals.
- Developing processes that regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems and staffing and create plans to maintain currency and take advantage of industry trends.
- Leading the planning and execution of an enterprise wide ERP system implementation in collaboration with business process leaders.
- Developing Business Intelligence capability including information architecture, information management and analytics to support business decisions and add value to our customers.
- Creating new digital capabilities that leverage mobile to enhance our customer and employee experience.
- Researching new solutions and emerging technologies and recommend how these solutions and technologies can improve our business.
- Assessing IT risks and design, implement and test business continuity and disaster recovery procedures to mitigate those risks.
- Developing and implement policies and procedures to ensure the protection of company IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of corporate and personal information.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements as they relate to technology.
- Developing and monitor the annual operating and capital budgets for IT and supporting infrastructure.
- Communicating IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management and operational groups.
- Establishing, monitor and report on KPI metrics to senior management.
- Maintaining effective relationships with vendors and partners.
- University degree in a related field; Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in a hands-on IT leadership role, with a success in managing and developing a diverse IT team within a large organization
- Experience working within a SaaS technology platforms
- A track record of integrating out of the box applications within an existing application portfolio to achieve a competitive advantage and streamline business processes
- Proven experience in leveraging IT to enhance growth, business process efficiency, customer service and cost savings
- Proven experience in implementing large and/or complex IT projects and integrations, including end to end ERP implementations
- Proven track record in successful change management
- Strong process thinking and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and develop teams, as well as the ability to influence and foster collaboration across the organization – a proven people leader
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Track record of building strong relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers
- Self-starter, ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure – solutions oriented
- Experience with application systems design, development, implementation and support
- Advanced proficiency in using various computer business applications, including ERP systems, Computerized Materials Management Systems (CMMS), etc.
- Ability to travel
Located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team-based environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the MyAbilities Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Compensation will be appropriate to level of experience and knowledge
MyAbilities Technologies Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please contact MyAbilities Human Resources to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.