Sales – Business Development Representative
Who We Are:
MyAbilities is an early stage health and insurance technology company focused on preventing and resolving workplace injuries throughout the employee lifecycle. We leverage Artificial Intelligence (AI) and advanced ergonomics analytics to flag risk and deliver mitigation strategies for office work environments as well as labour jobs. When injuries occur, on the job or off, we deliver improved outcomes through our connected ecosystem; bridging the communication gaps between employers, payers, health providers and primary physicians; aligning injured workers with patient-centric care to speed recovery and ensure effective return to the workplace.
The Role: Sales – Business Development Representative
MyAbilities is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. As a key member of our team, you will be on the front lines of our sales process responsible for strategically sourcing (outbound), managing (inbound) and qualifying sales opportunities.
As a BDR, you will be working with Senior Account Executives to strategically target key accounts, researching/developing accounts on your own to prospect into (outbound via video, email, phone, & social) and managing inbound leads generated by our marketing team. You will be conducting high level conversations with Insurance and Healthcare executives to drive new business and achieve your monthly quota of sales qualified opportunities.
This position offers a base salary and commissions. MyAbilities employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
To be an effective team member, you will:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Work closely and collaboratively with Marketing to leverage collateral, offers and tactics/workflows to develop and implement prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (40-70 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule discovery meetings for Account Executives to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership with MyAbilities
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
We’re Looking for People Who Have:
- Interest in the healthcare industry; experience in healthcare or insurance is a bonus
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature and a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
- You are excited about working at an early stage technology company
- You are comfortable in fast-paced environments
- You care about accountability and have a bias to execution
- You can see the bigger picture and want to contribute ideas to improve, do better, move faster
- You are a problem solver .. for your company, and for your clients
- You place a high value on learning, and growth; you seek feedback
- You care about culture, values and climate; you value diversity
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the MyAbilities Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Compensation will be appropriate to level of experience and knowledge.
MyAbilities Technologies Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please contact MyAbilities Human Resources to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.